Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Letter written by Mohammad Zoabi to the Undergraduate Student Association Council

To the Undergraduate Student Association Council

As an Israeli Muslim Arab, I was subjugated to brainwashing against the Jews while i was growing up. I was taught that we should hate them because they took our land, and that no Jewish person should be
living here. I was told by a few of my own family members that the Jews were planning to throw us into the sea and until that happened I would be suffering in Israel because I was an Arab. I decided to explore the situation on my own, I went out and started meeting new people, I met a lot of Jews... What struck me at first is that they didn’t hate me like I was taught to hate them, but rather I felt care, respect, love, and a want to co-exist.I began to realize how lucky I was to be born in Israel, to live in a free, democratic, and first world country with lots of opportunities. Last year, I started learning in a Jewish school.

Its not easy to be an Israeli Arab Zionist in an Arab Society. I was attacked physically several times, and insulted a lot by my Muslim neighbors. But with the support of my amazing mother and my friends in the only country in the entire Middle East where freedom of speech is allowed, I will continue to speak out for what is right. I know that there are other many other Israeli Arabs that feel the same because almost 90% of us said that they would rather remain an Israeli than become a Palestinian citizen, but they are afraid of being hurt. That is why I am asking the world to please listen and protect the truth about Israel. The world needs to wake up.

I see myself as a lucky Arab for being born in Israel. I am lucky to be born in a democratic country. I
have an opportunity to live as an equal human being who lives in the 21st century. The true apartheid
is the Arab world’s views against the Jews and Zionists like myself of Israel. All these talks of peace will only come true when the Arabs will stop educating their children to dream about killing and eliminating the Jews. Golda Meir once said, “Peace with the arabs will be achieved only when the arabs start loving their children more than they hate us”. She was right. World wake up. Shame on you for being anti hope, democracy, and freedom in the middle east. Shame on you, to be anti Israel.

In Israel, we are equal.

In Israel, we overcame discrimination a long time ago.

In Israel, there exists a democracy, which is something that the rest of the Middle East lacks.

Israel is the only democratic country in the Middle East and is surrounded by countries that educate
their children to dream about destroying Israel, and to achieve it whenever its possible. Israel will not be destroyed by anyone,not because it has a strong Defense Force, but because it is justice. The democratic world should be ashamed of themselves when they support boycotting and divesting from the only democracy in the region.

I urge you to vote no on divestment and support our only hope for democracy in the Middle East.

In Regards,

Mohammad Zoabi

http://static.squarespace.com/static/533b1dc6e4b09e45fee141f3/t/533b9ce6e4b0021e4ea1deab/1396415718029/Copy%20of%20Israeli%20Muslim%20Arab%20Statement.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment